You will need 1 large egg , 150g butter and
4 tablespoons of Golden Syrup.
Oven 190c, (fan oven 170), 350f, gas mark 4.
1. Open the jar and remove the Chocolate Beans and small disc of greaseproof paper. Discard paper.
2. Tip remaining ingredients into a bowl. Cut the butter into small chunks (make sure it is very cold) and then using your fingers rub the butter into the mix until it looks like breadcrumbs.
3. In a separate bowl beat the eggs and syrup together.
4. Tip the egg mix into the dried ingredients and stir until combined. You may need to add 1teaspoon of water to get the mix to form a solid dough. It should be quite dry and firm.
5. Roll out the dough on a floured surface until 5mm thick. Use your cutter to make shapes and transfer to a greased baking tray.
6. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes and decorate with the chocolate beans when removed from oven. Cool on a wire rack.